My thanks this month to TEC/Vistage resource Ian Cook, a principal of Fulcrum Associates, experts in team-building and leadership. He has developed some great ideas about how to improve your relationship with the person to whom you report.
Right up front, he identifies some super payoffs:
• More personal influence within your department.
• Higher responsiveness to your needs and concerns.
• Better personal image in relation to other employees.
• A solid “sponsor” to help move along your career.
• A bigger salary. He then presents six tips to achieve these payoffs:
From motivational speaker John O’Leary of St. Louis, speaking to a TEC Senior Managers group: - In 1974, at the age of 9, I did something really stupid. I took an open 5-gallon can of gasoline near a flame … and the resulting explosion rendered me w...
2 days ago